Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Quakes/Sounders Friendly...

Well, H and I went to the Quakes vs Seattle Sounders "friendly" tonight. Alot of backups and reserves on the field, but it was a fun night with an intimate crowd of 1,000 (my guesstimate). Met the now You Tube celebrity Graham Yallop from Napa. It was nice to talk with him and we let him know how much we enjoy his video clips. It is pretty amazing how some clips intended for friends back home in Norwich would be a "hit" on the web here in the East Bay. Keep 'em coming Graham. It must still sting to think about Darren's departure from Norwich City - but it seems like the Quakes fans have really embraced him with open arms!







We had the chance to also take some photos posing with the MLS Cup (they had them on display before the game). I asked if I could take a photo with it and the Quakes rep said, "Sure". I picked up the massive trophy and gave H a big smile as he took the photo. then right after the shot, another Quakes rep said, "Hey, you need to put that down. You aren't supposed to touch it. If my boss sees you doing that he'd kill me!!". Oooooops.

I did get a few player autographs prior to the game...including Darren Huckerby #6














Tomorrow - "Drums - Are they too loud?"

No comments: