Thursday, September 11, 2008

Football on TV

As a household with just basic cable service, there are not very many options to watch football on tv (the occasional US MNT coverage, MLS games weekly on ESPN, seasonal coverage of Champions League and World Cup). The most regular coverate that I get is on Telefutura, Telemundo, and Univision (Mexican League football).

I was just on a website called "LiveSoccerTV.com" and was amazed at the array of stations that cover football around the world. I've been debating whether to upgrade my cable service - but am afraid that I'll be watching football 24/7. http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/

Football translate over television very well. I love not seeing all those stinking commercials too (American football games take forever when they are being televised). Another thing about football is that it doesn't matter what language it is being broadcast in because football is a universal language itself.

I am going to have to figure out the best way to go in upgrading my cable (stay with cable, go with dish, satellite, etc.). Until then - The Englander Pub will have to continue to do for now!



No comments: