Friday, September 12, 2008

Houston Dynamo (not "old" Earthquakes)




The Quakes take on the Houston Dynamo tomorrow at the SB San Siro and it is yet another crucial game for the Quakes to stay in the playoff hunt.

I am getting tired of hearing the stuff about "this is a match-up between the old Quakes and the new Quakes". Yes - Houston was a new team a couple of years ago and they happen to be the old Quakes team that got moved to the Lone Star State. I started as a football fan in 2005, so I did know that players on the Houston roster as the old Earthquakes. I wondered how I would do in rooting for the new Quakes, especially when they played Houston.But I think because I only followed the Quakes a short time before they left, I didn't have the attachment to these players that others did. I am a supporter of the San Jose Earthquakes. They are the Houston Dynamo. As Anikan Skywalker said during the end of Star Wars episode 3: "If you are not with me, you are against me." Houston Dynamo is the enemy on Saturday. GO EARTHQUAKES!

No comments: