Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My New Football Boots

H surprised me the other day with....a pair of football boots! He was doing his routine search through the local Ross store and found a pair of Reebok boots in my size for $9.99. Was it a deal?After quick research surf, I found out a little more information about these babies.

"The Reebok Pro Rage football boots launch Reebok straight into the premier league of top level football boots. With the recent hype attached to Reebok’s football boot sponsorship agreements with Thierry Henry and Andriy Shevchenko, the Pro Rage has been one of this years most eagerly awaited football boots.

Performance: Weighing in at 9.35 oz, this is a light football boot. This lightweight football boot has a micro synthetic upper, with a hidden lace system aiding control and maximising the strike area. The external TPU heel count increases stability, support and protection. The inside of the heel has a Griptonite anti slip coating that grips the foot and prevents boot slippage.
Available in 3 different soleplates, 12 stud moulded, 6 screw in studs or the variable blades.
Comfort: The one piece foot liner and elasticated Neoprene inner cradles the foot snugly for the ultimate comfort and touch of the football. The sockliner includes an anti friction fabric which reduces heat and moisture, reducing blistering.
Colours Available: Black/Copper
Price: from £72

Verdict: Fantastic price for a professional football boot. The Reebok Pro Rage football boot is set to be a mainstream winner."
(article is circa 2006)


Now what?
H says I need to get out there on the pitch! Well, my mind might say,"go for it", but my heart and lungs are singing a different tune ("I've fallen and I can't get up.")

No comments: