Sunday, October 12, 2008

Football Shirts: A Supporter's Pride or An Expensive Rash Gone Wild?


My football shirt collection is tiny - but even this small collection has grown faster than I ever thought possible. It started with my Quakes training top, then my Quakes replica. AC Milan. University of California, Berkeley. US Nat'l Team. FC Barcelona. Brazil Nat'l Team. Ireland. Italy Nat'l Team.
The next few in my sights: Chelsea FC, Manchester City, 08/09 Quakes, Celtic FC.
I think that football club supporters accumulate so many shirts because of the world of football is just that - global. Unlike the NFL, MLB, NBA, or NHL, the world of football stretches around the entire globe (where the American sports are single leagues). "Premier" football leagues exist in every country on this earth. I ran across this interesting website that focuses totally on the culture of football shirts http://www.footballshirtculture.com/ Check it out!

No comments: