Saturday, March 27, 2010

Starting Right Where We Left Off

Despite the large crows (10,589 - a SB San Siro record) - the Q's dropped their opener with RSL 3-nil. A whole slew of new players, but the result is the same. Really didn't see much from anyone tonight. Joe Cannon had a difficult night - not so much because of him - but rather the lack of defense and a ton of unforced turnovers.

I wore all of my Villa gear - leaving all the Q's gear at home in protest of all the restrictions that are being placed on supporters. H got his drums taken at the gate - although we saw others not in the supporters sections with drums. Wonderful consistency in enforcing the rules Quakes staff. Geeeez. I commented that it still felt like we did towards the end of last season. Ugggh. Already looking like a looooooooooooooooooooong season ahead.

2 comments:

Lisa E. said...

I would rather have 10 of your drums than the flippin' flags that blocked the view of the corner kicks and goal. Grrr... stupid idea to 'unite' the two groups and take away your drums. (I even brought ear plugs just in case the cow bells got out of hand... haha!) I do believe we are in for a very long season. :(

Rick said...

Lisa -
Thanks for the support - I know what you mean about those flags. See you at the next game.