Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER - DRUMS OR NO DRUMS?

I am not going to fill up this post with all of the details of tonight. Basically, I went to Kezar tonight for the Q's pre-season matchup with the Dynamo. I was not allowed to bring my drum in the stadium unless I was part of one of the official supporter groups (which I am not). The person in charge of stadium operations said that it is MLS policy (not just a rule at Kezar). I told him that I have been drumming at Buck Shaw for the past 2 seasons without being sitting with or being a member of any of the official supporters groups and i also have never been stopped or informed about this regulation. I was so pissed - I left. Screw the game and the Quakes.

After getting home, I sat at there fuming as I began to write a letter to Mike Crowley, President, communicating my dissatisfaction and wanting to request a full refund on my season tickets. Just moments ago I decided to look into this MLS drum prohibition outside of "supporter group" sections a little more. Guess what I found? It is written in black and white on the Quakes website - DRUMS are on the list of "Approved Items". What the hell are the Quakes talking about? Apparently the head has no clue what the tail is doing or saying. I am going to point this out in my letter - AND will expect an apology from the Quakes and some gesture on their part for causing me to leave tonight's game pissed off and hating the Quakes organization.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t110/stadium/guidelines/

APPROVED ITEMS:

  • Confetti
  • Streamers
  • Drums
  • Banners (zip tied to railings and no larger then 5' x 32')
  • Flags with 1 or 2 poles must not exceed 3'
  • Backpacks/Bags no larger then 16" x 16" x 8"
    • Backpacks/Bags are subject to search
  • Portable Seatbacks
  • 1 Water bottle per person (it must be soft plastic and sealed)
  • Cameras and video recorders (must be handheld and cannot be set up in seating area)
    • Pictures and videos cannot be used for commercial purpose unless approved by the San Jose Earthquakes and Major League Soccer

No comments: