Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Drum Update & Soccer Fours

Drum Update:
Still no word from the Q's organization - but due to when I sent my letter (last Thursday), they could have not received it until yesterday.

Soccer Fours:

I've finally returned to playing with Soccer Fours - the 4 v 4 program. After having great success at their San Francisco site (Franklin Park), Chris has decided to expand a little and now has weekly sessions in Marin and in Oakland. Naturally, since I'm located in the East Bay, I decided to check out the Monday night Oakland session last night. They are held at Raimondi Field in West Oakland. This complex was renovated in 2008 (replacing the grass field with turf). As I expected - after not playing for several months - the little endurance that I built up from the SF sessions was a distant memory. It was like starting all over - but the other players were great and it was alot of fun. First time using my new boots - Nike Ronaldinho Dois FG (I discovered this single pair at Ross in my size a month or so ago - $19.99 and couldn't resist). They were really comfortable and "looked fast" when I slipped them on, but alas, speed, quickness, and endurance on the pitch depends more on the person wearing the boots vs. the boots themselves :)




No comments: