Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Pain Continues...


The Q's finally came home for a match last night to take on Toronto FC. There was still talk about the chance to still sneak into the playoffs if we can string some wins together. We'll, after last night, sneaking into post season play may not be coming into the near future. The Quakes really stunk it up last night. They did have their few moments + a nice goal coming from the combination of Ryan Johnson and Hucks, but the defense just didn't... defend. Too many opportunities for Toronto and DeRo. It was really disheartening...it still feels like we have stepped backwards in time to our form at the beginning of our inaugural season last year. The only sure thing that I know is - I'm a Quakes supporter forever.

Non-Commercial Football Shirt Sponsorships





The shirt sponsorship that Barca has with Unicef is quite amazing in this day of bottom line profit. I was scanning the EPL website last week and saw that Aston Villa's shirt sponsor is Acorns - the children's hospice network in the UK. This brings me great pleasure as I am a volunteer at the George Mark Children's House in San Leandro, CA (http://www.georgemark.org/) The past couple of years, I had adopted Chelsea as my adopted EPL team, but after considering this contribution and the support Aston Villa is giving to Acorns, I am considering a switch in my EPL alliance. More later.








No comments: