Friday, June 12, 2009

Kaka' and Ronaldo Record-Breaking Transfers


What a whirlwind of a week. In less than 1 week: Real Madrid gets Ricardo Kaka' for a transfer fee of £65million! And then yesterday, it was announced that they have retained the services of Cristiano Ronaldo for a record £80million transfer fee. Keep in mind - these are only transfer fee figures (the $ that goes to AC Milan and Man Utd for rights to these players). It will be interesting to see in the coming weeks what they negotiate for their actual player contracts.


Kaka' is my favorite footballer and I am sorry to see him leave ACM. But I guess it IS a business. I like players like Paulo Maldini - those where it would appear that loyalty has at least just as much importance as the $. Big money transfers are just part of the game now I guess.

No comments: