Saturday, August 23, 2008

I guess 1 Point is Better Than 0

Our Quakes played Chivas USA tonight down at the HDC. No television coverage (only Spanish radio). I looked at the box score and the game appeared pretty even, except that the Q's had a corner kick advantage. Despite that, the game ends nil-nil.

We are still hanging out in the basement of the MLS right now, but we didn't lose ground as many Western Div teams also lost this week. The remaining games on the schedule include a majority of them at the SBSS (South Bay San Siro). The home field support should make a huge difference as we see if we have enough kick left for the final sprint (...too many hours watching the Olympics!).

Next home game is Aug 30th versus the KC Wizards. The dilemma I have is that is also the opening day for Cal Football (vs Michigan State) in Berkeley. Despite my clear preference for "real" football versus American football, the California Golden Bears are my first love in terms of sports. My alma mater is finally showing life as a college football program after years and years of (personal) agony.

Section 108 Percussion: My cousin H and I form the Sec 108 percussion group at the SB San Siro. Sometimes we are joined by T as a third. We are toying with the idea of adding some variety to our cheering with cow bells, etc. We'll see how creative we can be. We also need to practice our "Oh Huckerby" cheer (the one that is on this You Tube video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15xlpBjpUP0 )

No comments: