Monday, August 11, 2008

Beat LA! Beat LA Beat LA!

I was out of town and missed the Quakes vs Galaxy re-match at McAfee. I was in Reno and couldn't get the people running the sports lounge at the hotel I was staying at to just run one of their 50+ big screen lcds to the Quakes game. "Sorry sir - but this is too big of a baseball day so we can't put the MLS on". Geeeeez. I only missed the best game of the season so far - thanks alot.

2 of the 3 goals were scored by newcomers Huckerby and Alvarez. This new lineup changes the team completely. The guys played with confidence and attacked on the offensive end - something we just haven't seen much of this season. I see Billy Beane's fingerprints all over these recent transactions. What I am curious about is the A's current slump tied to the Quakes making major moves recently? Can't split time between 2 franchises without one taking a hit.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: