Sunday, November 2, 2008

Flake

Well, my attempts to capture my percussion prey has failed. I can't believe it. I was trying to buy these 2 drums from a musician in Union City/Fremont. First he asked me to meet him at the Union Landing center this past Wednesday - and he was a no show. Then he asked me to meet him at the Soundwave studios in Oakland tonight (where his group is rehearsing). I am not sure if we he was a no show or just didn't answer his cell phone. Either way - I spent several hours and burned precious petro to make this Craigslist purchase and have nothing to show for it. Are young musicians flakes? It seems as if this guy just doesn't want to sell these drums that bad or he just doesn't care about anyone else's time. I've written this one off - I can't waste time and resources anymore. My little "First Act" drum will remain #1.



Positive note: The guy working at the Soundwave - Kent - was cool. He let me hang out in the office while I was waiting for "Flake" and we watched Sunday Night Football (Pats vs Colts). It was a good game (Colts 18-15)


No comments: