Thursday, June 12, 2008

Euro '08 and the Galaxy coming to town

My Euro predictions are looking pretty shabby early in the group stages. My Italy pick, based on their game against the Netherlands, looks pretty foolish. I hope that one day, soccer will have this kind of energy in North America.

Beckham and Donovan are coming to Oaktown on Saturday night. I wonder how many tickets have been sold? Tickets are still being sold by the Quakes, so I know it isn't sold out. It will be interesting to see what the in-stadium atmoshpere will be like - high energy soccer fans or mostly Beckham gawkers. I agree with those that say Beckham is the best thing that has happened to the MLS in a looooooong time. I hope that this is the way of the future for the MLS - bringing in top players from Europe that might be a bit past their prime, but still playing at a very high level.

No comments: